- Ideal for: Oil tanned brown leather with minor scratches and abrasions (*Please make sure the item is oil tanned and not coated leather. This dressing will not penetrate coated leather.)
- Contains a small amount of brown tint to cover up minor scratches and abrasions on oil tanned leather
- Conditions and restores color
- Protects against damage due to the elements
- Not recommended for Suede or NuBuck leather (use our NuBuck and Suede Spray instead)
Pecard Weather Proof Leather – Brown is a similar formulation to our Leather Dressing but is developed to blend in the abrasions and scrapes on leather goods that occur over time. Cleans and shines all smooth and texture smooth leather; protects against fingerprints and scuff marks.
What makes this leather dressing stand out above all others is that it tints rather than dyes the leather. With continued use, the tint in the Brown Weatherproof Dressing will blend in and render blemishes unnoticeable. A dye can over-darken the scuffed areas that actually make them stand out. It will also revive faded brown leather back to its rich, vibrant color imparting a soft sheen. Not recommended for Suede or NuBuck leather (use our NuBuck and Suede Spray instead).
WEATHER PROOF LEATHER – BROWN APPLICATION:
Using a lint-free cloth, apply a very thin coat of the dressing onto the leather item being treated. Allow the dressing time to absorb into the leather, check to see if there are any areas that have completely absorbed the dressing. If so, reapply and let the leather sit for another 12-24 hours.
Using a clean, dry, soft cloth, remove any excess dressing that is left and gently buff the leather surface. This buffing action melts the blend of waxes onto the topmost fibers allowing it to repel water and dust. The oils in the dressing lubricate and plump up the fibers so that they can move smoothly against each other without binding and abrading.
Make sure to thoroughly remove all extra dressing, taking special note of any seams or crevices. If the dressing is properly buffed, you will not need to worry about the tint rubbing off after treatment of your leather items. Once you have achieved the desired look, switch over to our Classic Leather Dressing to maintain the leather.